Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Do.

Whoa.
easy killer.
those are some pretty big words.
Marriage has always been one of those over the top, out the park, white picket fence sort of thing.
Never something that has been on my mind.
But lately, everyones doing it.

And when I say doing it.....well you know.
Here is my thing- I try to be this big shot independent person,
but lets get serious.
every little girl wants to grow up and get married.

Yeah.
I have met many boys :)
all wonderful....in their own way.
all cute.
sweet.
funny.
all those boy-ish qualities.

MAN.
seriously.
not a boy. :)
but when it comes to I DO, i'd like for it to be someone who I'D DO ANYTHING FOR.

i'm selfish when it comes to I DO.
i really dont want to DO much for others.
especially guys. :)
they are cute, funny, and sweet.
but heart breakers.

I DO want to spend my life happy.
picket fence.
kids.
wonderful job.
vacations.
smiles.

so yes.
I DO want to give up my strong sense of independence and say those little words.

maybe someday ill say I DO.
but for now.
i'll keeping dreaming up this wonderful I DO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After almost 22 years I can truly say marriage is a wonderful thing. And after all, it should be. God created it and everything God created is good. Mankind just has a way of screwing things up because he doesn't want to follow the instruction manual. Giving up yourself for someone else doesn't come naturally....it comes form God. The number one thing to look for in a man is his relationship with Jesus Christ. If Jesus is his first love and he is trying to be everything God wants him to be then he will be everything you need him to be. Don't settle for anything less than the best that God wants for you.
Love you,
Cuz