Saturday, March 30, 2013

It's been awhile.

Man.
I seem to always need to talk it out or write it out.
I'm thankful for diaries and blogs.

I woke up this morning not knowing how my day would end or what it might look like.
I knew that it wouldn't be a normal day.
I went to Camp John Knox.
My place.
My spot away from trouble.
Sadness.
Pain.
It's gorgeous there in the spring and summer.
I went with a purpose.
A plan.
A mission.
To kayak.

As J and I drove from Hendersonville to Kingston I began to think.
Nothing in particular.
Just about life and such.
Mostly about work.
Family.
And friends.

Right before we arrived at CJK I called my mom.
She told me some of the worst news I could have imagined.
My heart was broken.
Not for me.
But the person involved.
Someone I love with all my heart.

I was angry.
Ticked.
So pissed that any man would do such a thing.

I spent my time at CJK kayaking.
An praying.
And crying.
And wanting to fight back.

I've always felt like I was put on earth to defend and guard my siblings.
And at this moment I couldn't.
I can only thank The Lord for protecting one of the most precious people in my life.

Life is to short for regrets, be thankful instead.

No comments: