Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Above all else, guard you heart, for it affects everything you do." ~ Proverbs 4: 23

Victoria Evelyn Frazier.
my beautiful little sister.
15 going on 30.
She is growing up so fast and I wonder where the time went.
Feeling like the younger sister everyday.
I couldn't be more proud of how much she has grown.

She called last night around 11:00 to talk about life and friends.
Asking about how I was doing after what had happened.
Telling me about how she would handle it and how she is broken for it.
She is so mature.
She mentioned her dad and how he never says I love you....
in that moment I began to cry, but being the older sister you try and keep composure so that the younger sibs know you are strong.
I rarely if ever cry in front of them.
Not only has my trial broken my heart, but hers also. :(

Zechariah Weston Smith.
so much more than a 9 year old.
hes my little shadow and loves me even though I make mistakes.
Staurday afternoon around 4:30 I was on the phone with a friend of mine.
I was a bit upset because of the topic and my brother overheard me talking to her.
He came in after I got off the phone and said "sis are you alright?"
He told me that he heard my converstation and that if that person wasn't my friend then there was no way that he would EVER be friends with them again, because he doesn't want them to make him cry.
It broke my heart.
My little guy knew how bad it hurt to lose a close friend.

I had to explain to both of them that things happen.
and no matter how much it hurts sometimes people just let go.
Its important to know your own heart and how much you can handle.
I said that God is to big to let you hurt alone, He will always be with you.
People are people and even I will at one point hurt their feelings.
They are my heart.
and my heart has been broken.
by a friend I trusted and cared so much about.
more than I cared about myself.
a friendship takes work.
Its not easy.
You should pray for them before you even think about your own struggles.
"don't worry about praying for yourself. I will pray for you."
I'm hurt, but no longer broken, because for once I am done.
mandy

No comments: